Chocolates, roses, romantic candle lit dinner out, sexy lingerie, and a fancy stay at a hotel or resort are all great ideas, but if you’re looking for some other ideas, here are some things to consider.
1. The first 14 days of February leave your love a special note. Maybe it’s always in the same place each day or maybe you place each one in a new place each day. Give them 14 reasons you love them, 14 special memories you’ve shared together, or 14 dreams you want to share with them, or mix it up. Have fun with it! It’s sure to make your love smile every day.
2. Find a recipe on Pinterest together, go to the store together, prep together, cook the meal together, set out the fancy dishes (or at least not the paper plates), light a candle, play some romantic music, enjoy the meal together, and clean up the mess together.
3. Want to workout together and a get a good laugh? Go do yoga with the goats.
4. Go on a cultural walk through the city looking for all the art that expresses love in some form or fashion. Take lots of selfies.
5. Take a pottery class, a painting class, a glass blowing class, a cooking class, or any other kind of class offered in your area. Just do it together.
6. Make chocolate covered strawberries together. Then enjoy them with a bottle of champagne, wine, or sparkling juice.
7. Check out the events going on in your area the week of Valentine’s Day. Pick one out together and commit to going. Have a great time!
8. Do a photo shoot together. Go to a place that’s special to you or one that will make a great backdrop for photos. Set the timer on your phone or camera and laugh through all those shots. Capture some priceless moments to last a lifetime.
9. Spend the evening planning a romantic getaway during the not-so-expensive off-peak times. Light candles. Play romantic music. Select your budget. Pick your dates. Plan your trip with romance in mind. Book it on Valentine’s Day to actually enjoy on a different day.
10. Create a playlist of songs that are special to both of you. Go for a drive and listen to them. Stop somewhere and take a walk hand in hand. Enjoy the sun setting together. Go find a place to gaze at the stars or enjoy the city’s skyline. Kiss under the moon. Look each other in the eyes and tell each other how much you love them. Just be present and together.